Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mt. Balingkilat Traverse to Nagsasa cove

This has been in my draft list for like 4 months already. Summer is finally over and the rainshowers just about to start for the rest of the year. Long hiatus was made by my constant work loads and a bit of lazyness. Anyway, below is my real post 4 months ago.




It all started with a long plan of conquering yet again a mountain range in zambales. Just like last year, we decided to hike on one of our long breaks during The holy week. I knew for sure before the actual hike that it won't be easy. Because last year we got lost before proceeding to the actual mountain which is Pundaquit. With that in mind I was preparing myself mentally and physically for this mountain. Knowing that it is recorded as a major climb, I knew it would be a difficult hike. It's my first to hike with full gears so the weight would be a first for me.  Weighing at a 20 kgs baggage, full determination and a mindset to set camp before the sun sets. Four of us battled our way to Mt. Balingkilat.  






( there is Forever in the mountains)

(Lunch time)

Mt. Balingkilat is literally the "Mountain of Thunder" in the language of the aetas in The area. It is the highest peak in Zambales with a 1100MASL. The usual minimum hours hiking this mountain range is up to 10 hours, but guess what, we manage a 13 hours and 20 minutes of struggle. Haha! Talk about penance right? Just in time for Black Saturday. But I knew now why we took so long, we had our down hill at the Bira-Bira trail instead of the Jeap lane. Our guide Kuya Ronald said it's difficult to actually go down using the latter part. Medyo mas steep daw kasi. 

(With my 20kgs backpack)

Luckily the clouds were present during the hike. The scorching hotness of Zambales was nowhere to be found. Gladly! Because it would have made the hike strenuous even more. So we survive! 

We traverse to Nagsasa Cove and camped there. Enjoyed the night swim and just being laid back without technology and just actual socialization. Hooray for no signals. Hehe. Hello to sun burns and tan lines. Hello to the bonding and the unforgettable laughters.  
(I'd choose this than any other hotels out there, more of this my loves)

( our mini rooms for our quick getaway)

( keith, let, me, george)

Just in case you would want to try Mt. Balingkilat and traverse to Nagsasa Cove. Heres some of the important fees you should cover in doing your budget.

Boat- 1500 
Nagsasa Fee- 100/head, 100/kubo
Guide- 900

Happy travels. Xo. 
#lucilletravels

No comments:

Post a Comment