Sunday, September 11, 2016

Ilocos 3 days and 2 nights

I could not even remember how many times I've actually planned going to the Ilocos Province. Luckily for me, the odds and holidays are in favor. Enduring a 12 hours of travel from Pasay to Laoag is definitely worth it. My partner in crime in every travel idea I have in mind is waiting for me there. I've arrived in Laoag by 7am, just enough time for me to rest for a bit and tidy up myself. 



We started our tour after breakfast at the Marcos Mansion Museum. The entrance fee to the place is 30 php per head. In here you get to see the Paoay Lake as well. We heard a bit of the tour about the lake, and it is said that to this day, researchers don't even know the depth of the lake.

At the entrance of the Marcos Mansion


At the background is the Paoay Lake


After that we went to Paoay Sand Dunes, but the rain's getting heavier by the minute so we could not actually try doing the 4x4 and the sand surfing. We just took a few photos and off we went to my most coveted church I've been eyeing since, the famous Paoay Church. The struggle is real guys, we could not take so much photos in this place because the rain is so heavy. But nothing will stop me from snapping some. The important thing is we manage to visit it and I've manage to have my three wishes. (I don't know where this originated, but you get to wish 3 things from God in every church you visit for the first time, nothing to loose right? ) 




After Paoay church off we go to Pagupud. Before you actually arrive there, you'll be able to visit Cape Bojeador, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation, and lastly the famous Bangui Windmills. But since there's a lot of windmills already in Ilocos you'll be able to see them as well in Kapurpurawan, but great photo ops are in Bangui since you'll be able to see them up close without fences. 

Kapurpurawan rock formation



Bangui Windmills

And finally after 70+ kms you'll be able to arrive at the tip of Pagudpud. We decided to stay at Saud Beach since we were on a tight budget and I did not want to spend 3000+ php just for a room and some access to the beach. So I was busy searching for home stays at Saud Beach. Cathy's home stay would be your best choice there but it took me a while to book so it was fully booked at that day, so best to call a few days before your actual arrival. We stayed at lucky see home stay for 1000 pesos a night, there's no television and toiletries available so better packed those as well. What's good about it is that we got to enjoy swimming more because we don't have anything to do in our room. The signal is not so good as well for the internet and cellphone coverage in the area. So bring card games if you must. But all in all the stay at the beach is great! The sand is not that white but it is fine. The beach is really clean as well and great for photo ops and swimming. My partner said it's actually the same with Hannah's although of course the crowd would be lesser since its actually a bit costly than Saud Beach.
Early in the morning we just took a few more photos on the beach and off we took our roadtrip to Patapat bridge. 







At Patapat bridge

After Patapat Bridge we are on our way back to Laoag where we took our lunch and we got to see the sinking bell tower as well and their amazing municipal hall.



The sinking bell tower


And finally we are on our way to a place I've been wanting to go for so long, Vigan!  It was still raining when we settled for our hotel. So while he was busy doing his reports I took the time to catch up on some snooze before we go for our dinner. I was really excited for calle crisologo and their dancing fountain, but sadly there was no show because of the heavy rain. After dinner we decided to still have a walk to the famous Street even if its raining! It has advantages you know, lesser crowd! 😁 


Athe night the lighting in the place is better, plus their are lesser crowds.


In the morning we decided to try our luck again, mr. Sun shown for a bit and we took a few pictures before it rained again. Then we ate some special empanadas at Irene's while waiting for the rain to stop. It was the best empanada I had in my life! It is a must try guys, plus their okoy 😍😍. After eating some breakfast we just bought some Pasalubong and before lunch time we hit the road going home. 


P.s. He is getting better in taking my photos! Lol, even some of the landscape photos in my camera is taken by him, bravo. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜˜

Even if it was already 3 days of a vacation, I still could not go to a lot of the destinations, but I'm still glad a lot on my itinerary are pushed through even if it was raining cats and dogs. It just means that I could go back for more, given the time again. It was along 7,000 php for 2pax was our end budget for this, including the lodging, pasalubongs and the food we ate.  What a way to celebrate being together again after a month of not seeing each other. Cheers to more adventures. I hope you go to Ilocos as well readers, it is a must. 

Xo, 
L.A.
#lucilletravels #Gladventures 


Photos taken by Canon M10 and iPhone5s

No comments:

Post a Comment