Friday, October 28, 2016

Oriental Mindoro: Puerto Galera

Puerto Galera is located at the North- Westernmost municipality in the province of Oriental Mindora, Philippines. It is one of those beach escapades that is so easy to travel too without scraping so much of your savings. 


I was supposedly in Tacloban basking under the sun in Kalanggaman Island that weekend, but due to unfortunate events, I wasn't allowed to fly. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to score cheap fares again. 


This is at White Beach proper, where you can see a lot of the activities you can try there. Dragon boat, jetski, and even parasailing :)


Since I didn't want to waste a good weekend I contacted my bestfriend and viola, she was planning to go to Puerto Galera. I asked her if we could tag along with her and the boyfriend, and so let the weekend commence.


If you are familiar with agoda.com or bookings.com you could opt to reserve your hotels a few days before your arrival. But don't fret because once you set your foot on the island, a lot of the locals would offer you lodgings, tours, and a lot of pasalubongs. It is by far the island that I've been to with many offerings here and there. 


(Messy room, sorry, didn't take a photo when we arrived)

How to go there. If you are coming from Manila, take a bus from Buendia to Batangas Pier. The fare is 117 php. When you arrive to the pier ask for a two way ticket to save you a couple of bucks. The fare ride to White beach and back is 500 php only.


The ride to White beach will take you roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours. So prepare some medicines if you get sea sick or just sleep and enjoy the solemnity that you'll get. We arrived there by lunch and we settled into our respective hotels. My boyfriend and I stayed at Mendeluk Hotel for a rate of just 1400 php per night. The room is quite big for two, and would offer enough peacefulness because it is far from the busy restaurants and night life. 



With the fresh buko juice for 35 php only :)

After lunch we decided to have the tour already. We just payed 200 each for 4pax to go to the Tamaraw Falls, overlooking scenery of Puerto Galera, mangrove forest and the Virgin beach! Which we all enjoyed taking a swim at. I would honestly tell you that I enjoyed swimming here because there are no harsh waves and the pebbled shoreline is to die for. So if you're in puerto galera, visit this little cove. You'd enjoy it more. We got back to our hotels by 6pm and I did some reports while he doze of to sleep. We reconvened by 8pm to eat dinner and do socials.

Overlooking Puerto Galera



I'd always look forward to our adventures together. ❤️


He's really getting good in taking my travels photos. 😘😍


At virgin beach with the pebbled shore. 


I haven't been to Boracay so I can't really attest if the night life can compare with it. But I did enjoy watching the performances and drink a few bottles before hitting the sacks that night. 
I would go back here if given a chance, since its really a no fuss planning beach escapade. 

With the lovebirds that somehow we didn't have a lot of photos with during this trip. Ano puro couple selfies nalang po? Haha!




One of the descent photos we had while watching the performances at night.

Till next travels,

Lucille :)

Photos taken with iphone 5s only. (Forgot the battery to my camera 😶)

No comments:

Post a Comment